Hello craft enthusiasts! Whether you’re a first-timer or a seasoned pro, we have a treat for you. Join me in creating a dazzling steampunk Halloween wreath that’s bound to be the centerpiece of your spooky season.
Materials You’ll Need:
(Some of the links for materials might be affiliate links, from which I earn a modest commission.)
24″ Artificial Pine Wreath Base-One used is from Michael’s
Ribbons of Choice-Ones used are old ones I had from D. Stevens
1-Stuffed Owl-Here is an alternative
1-Copper Floral Bush (Michael’s)
1-Black Foam Pumpkin-Here is an alternative pack from Amazon
- Setting Up Mr. Skelly:
- Affix a felt piece to Mr. Skelly’s head for better glue grip.
- Use super glue for attachment, followed by hot glue for stability.
- Preparing the Wreath Base:
- Reshape the pine wreath base into an oval.
- Tie a few pine ties in the center for added support.
- Attach alternating colors of mesh using pine ties. (Tip: 28-30 inches of mesh recommended for novices.)
- Placing Mr. Skelly:
- Decide on the optimal position for Mr. Skelly (usually near the top).
- Glue the felted part of Mr. Skelly onto the wreath.
- Use pipe cleaners through his jaw for additional security.
- Accessorizing Mr. Skelly and the Wreath:
- Stick a steampunk top hat to Mr. Skelly using both types of glue.
- Add decorations like pumpkins, gears, or other steampunk elements as per your preference.
- Securing the Centerpiece:
- Tuck a skull beneath the wreath as a hidden centerpiece.
- Fasten it securely using ties, reinforced with a pipe cleaner and some glue.
- Perfecting the Bow:
- Use a 4-inch ribbon and make a pinch twist.
- Go for seven-inch loops, twisting in between and adding complementary colors.
- Layering Ribbons:
- Add a 2.5-inch metallic ribbon with six-inch loops.
- Incorporate a striking 1-inch copper-colored ribbon for added depth.
- Fasten the bow with zip ties and pipe cleaners, placing it next to the skull.
- Final Touches:
- Weave the bow through the wreath’s mesh.
- Add gears, a metallic pumpkin, or any other finishing elements to elevate the design.
This steampunk Halloween wreath is not just a DIY project; it’s a statement piece. With these easy-to-follow steps, you’ll have a captivating decoration that’ll surely steal the show this Halloween. Happy crafting, and don’t forget to hit that subscribe button for more exciting tutorials! 🎃🎩🖤